Parkside, the new HQ for Imperial War Museums, awarded Offsite Project of the Year at the Building Awards 2021



Parkside, our modular construction offices for Imperial War Museums and built with Reds10, has been awarded Offsite Project of the Year 2021 by Building Awards.

Parkside is not immediately recoginsable as offsite construction; it hides its credentials well behind a finely detailed façade that is more typical of a traditional build. However, off-site construction was considered from the outset of the project due to the challenging site location and short timescale to handover.

This new addition to Imperial War Museums’ estate provides the principal workspace for its team and is set to become a hub for collaboration and creativity.

Parkside has also been nominated for a New London Architecture Award. The project has been shortlisted within the Built / Working category.

The New London Architecture awards celebrate all scales of projects, from community-led to large-scale mixed-use developments, both built and unbuilt. The awards support and enhance NLA’s vision for a New London: a city that is sustainable, civilised and egalitarian and one that seeks to improve the quality and standards of new design.

Peckham Place, our regeneration of the former Wooddene Estate in Peckham for Notting Hill Genesis and built with Higgins Construction PLC, has also been shortlisted within the Built / Housing category.

Peckham Place has delivered 330 new homes, with over 75% affordable in social rent and shared ownership tenures across the development and the remaining 25% for private sale. Peckham Place not only introduces much-needed quality housing to the area, but also injects a real sense of place and community.

Winners across all categories will be announced 26 November 2021.

View Parkside, Imperial War Museums here

View Peckham Place here